12.06.2010

Winter Has Officially Arrived

I wish I could add to the title by saying it snowed, but instead I'll have to be content with lower temperatures and rain. Actually, it's a really good thing it rained, even though it makes it a bit miserable to be out and about. Apparently it was supposed to have rained awhile ago, and the lack of rain has been a huge concern for farmers, since they were in danger of losing their crops. Last week they held a time of prayer for rain here in the city, if not in the rest of the country as well. I have a feeling the lack of rain contributed to the wildfire that raged this past week near Haifa too.
The coming of the rain means that from now until maybe March the temperatures will be a lot colder. I even pulled out my winter coat today. Now, granted, it's not nearly as cold as it is back home...I saw the temp listed at 11 degrees Celsius, which is right around 50 degrees Fahrenheit...but still. :)
The rain has stopped for the moment now, and it looks like the sun is trying to break through.

Another way I'm marking the transition to winter is with Christmas decorations! Last night my roommate pulled out her decorations and we put them up. It isn't much, but it does help me feel like Christmas is around the corner, rather than months away. I guess the presents I got in the package from my family helped that feeling too. :)

Anyway, here are some pictures of the decorations


The stocking from my Mom, hanging in my room



The door leading to the bedrooms



Our tree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment