12.26.2010

Student Elections

I wish I would have taken my camera to school this morning. On Thursday the university held their student elections and today everyone was celebrating. :) There was a huge group of guys dancing and singing close to the language center, and groups of guys were "demonstrating" (according to Roa'a)/marching and chanting down the streets.
The student elections were basically a smaller version of the nation's elections...lots of posters everywhere and on Thursday they were handing out all kinds of candy and treats to entice their fellow students to vote. :) All the students wore something that declared who they were voting for and everyone was really involved in it. It was very different than the way universities in the States do elections, and Roa'a kept laughing at me because I was fascinated by all that was going on. :)
Last week my teacher paid me a compliment...she told me that I'm doing really well with Arabic, and that if my writing is any indication I should be able to speak perfectly. :) I tried to explain that I have to remember the words to be able to speak, but it was nice to know that she thinks I can do it. Here's to hoping she's right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment