12.25.2010

Merry Christmas!

I just got up (it's after 10 am) and as I was sitting here checking email I heard some church bells start to ring, playing "Silent Night". It was beautiful and a reminder that today is in fact Christmas, instead of the normal Saturday.
Yesterday I spent the morning just relaxing, and baked some snickerdoodles, before opening presents "with" my family back home. :) Skype is a wonderful thing! Then I went to my church's Christmas Eve service and afterwards went to celebrate with some people who I have a really random and fun connection with. :) Thanks Janine and Stacy! This couple work mostly with South and Central Americans, so it seemed so crazy to be celebrating Christmas in the Middle East, with Latinos. But they were so generous in welcoming me, and I had a lot of fun. :)
Tonight I'm gathering with some single women from the building and we are celebrating together.

It's not Christmas at home (and they have a really white Christmas!) but I'm content, or at least reminding myself to be content that my purposes here are so much better than being at home for Christmas this year. :)

And tomorrow it's school as usual... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment