I'm living in the desert, or at least, a desert region, so it was with a bit shock that I woke up this morning at 5 am to hear the crash of a downpour falling outside my window. It only rained hard for a little while, but the sky is still overcast and it continues to sprinkle every so often. Needless to say, this is a huge relief from the extremely high temperatures we have had the two previous days. I think it is about a 30 degree (in Fahrenheit) difference from yesterday.
My first day of classes finally came! It took a while to get a taxi, but I ended up at the school with about 8 minutes to spare, so I was thankful for that. Class today lasted just until 10:40 so it was a nice introduction into the course. My teacher is very nice, and I think I will learn a lot from her. It sounds like the course will be intense though. She told us that in about 10 days or so, she will stop using English and only use Arabic! But it also sounds like if I work hard on studying and practicing I will be able to read, write and communicate clearly by the end of the semester. I only hope that I can comprehend all that will be coming at me for the next 16 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment