Here are some pictures of my apartment.
The living room/dining room. The front door is on the left. This is taken from the doorway towards the bedrooms
This is looking the other way in the main room. On the right there are cushions along the wall to sit on. The doorway to the left goes into the kitchen, and then down the hallway the first left is the bathroom and the second left is my room. There are two other bedrooms back there.
This is looking into the kitchen. The glass door leads out to the balcony. Around the corner to the right is lots of counter space.
And this is the view from the balcony. There are ancient ruins right around where the flag is.
And this is my room, or at least half of it. There's a dresser and mirror to the left out of the picture.
Lastly, here's the view from my window.
The city is built on mountains/hills and it makes for some steep streets. There are stairs that are built going down the hills so that it makes it a bit easier to walk up and down.
I met our guard Yosef this morning. He came to fix the light bulb in the bathroom. I had been trying to shower in the dark. :)
Today I also ventured out on my own for the first time. I took a taxi with a friend to where she was taking her child to pre-school and then I took a taxi by myself to the store called Cosmo, which is a huge department store. I got my cell phone and some other necessities before taking a taxi back to my neighborhood. Maybe later today I'll go out and get the rest of the food that I need to really start cooking.


So, where do I sleep when I come to visit? :) Looking forward to that day, friend!
ReplyDelete~Jacki
ps- I sure did miss skyping with you during the finale of covert affairs last night! Hope you can watch it sometime...