4.27.2011

Nazareth and Jerusalem: Take Two

Okay, so there aren't as many pictures as I thought from my friend, so this will be a bit shorter...and I added a couple of mine to the end.


My friend's second host family in Nazareth welcomed us warmly and we spent a few hours with them. This is the father, and the daughter. They have a son as well. This family is so interesting to me because the father is a Russian Jew and the mother is Arab (I think Muslim background). The children speak Russian, Arabic, Hebrew and English with ease and the conversation flowed from one language to the next, sometimes in the same sentence!



They had a small kitten that was so cute! I enjoyed holding it and it made me miss the kittens from home. 




This is me in front of the Dome of the Rock



Jews from all streams, from very mainstream to Orthodox, praying at the Western Wall.



From the Mt. of Olives we observed some Orthodox Jews praying at a grave (or graves). It was interesting to watch and listen to them...at one point they pulled out shofars and were blowing them...I have it on video, but it's not really exciting enough to go to the effort of uploading. :)



Another close-up of their prayers...I think the earlocks would drive me nuts if I had to wear them like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment