I've been waiting until I had something exciting to write on here, to celebrate my 100th post...but I got nothin'. :)
Not that life has had it's fun times, but I don't have any pictures, and frankly, I've told you all about school and classes enough that it would probably bore you to tears.
It was a bit hard getting back into that school routine though this week, after being gone for a week...and then having the one and only holiday during this semester on Sunday. One change in the routine was that on Tuesday the Language Center fed us breakfast...bread, hummus, fool (a type of bean that they make into something similar to refried beans, but that doesn't taste anything like refried beans), falafel, cheese (not the good cheese from the Cheese Factory...this is a salty cheese that is pretty much contained to this region), and eggs that they baked in the oven with the shell still on, to make them like hard-boiled eggs...just with a bit of a different taste. Oh, and they had tea with mint, but I got there too late to get the mint so it was just tea. :)
In weather news...we had a thunderstorm last night, with lightning and everything! And for all you people who are experiencing that almost every week right now...this is definitely an occurrence that only happens a few times a year here. I'm grateful for any rain we get because it means that we're putting off the heat and dryness and barrenness that much longer. As soon as it stops raining here the temps will shoot up and we'll be dealing with 100 degree weather for the rest of the summer. Not so bad without humidity, but when I have to wear long pants, longer sleeves and hip covering shirts...well, I'm already not looking forward to it.
Wow...this post really is boring...
One other item out of the ordinary...I bought the book The Horse and His Boy on Tuesday...in Arabic. :) It will be my challenge and opportunity to keep improving my Arabic, especially after I return back to the States. I read the first paragraph, and could understand enough words, and by context and memory of the English version, to know what it meant! We'll have to wait and see how the rest of the book goes.
Anyway, since I'm not coming up with a lot of stuff to talk about, I was wondering if ya'll had any questions for me to answer on here. If so, please leave a comment or email me. I would love to know what you all want to read and hear about from my life here. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment