I have some pictures ready to go from my classmate, of the desert trip, but I will post those later...right now I just wanted to let you all know how blessed I've been today.
Today I was extremely blessed by friends and family. :) I woke up to flowers from my friend and a wonderful conversation over coffee. Then I talked to my parents and Reg, Stacy, and then Kerri on skype. :) And then I received a gift from one of my roommates, before we went out to eat for supper at Fuddrucker's. Well, when we showed up who should be waiting for us but my friend who I got the flowers from, and my two closest Arab friends. :) It was a delightful surprise and we had a wonderful time together. And then the four of us Westerners came back to the apartment and had a dance party. :) We went from modern dance music, to "Achy Breaky Heart", to Grease. Let me just say that I will sleep well tonight.
I know sometimes celebrating holidays and other special days far away from home can be hard, but I feel like it can also be a chance to experience blessings and surprises that wouldn't otherwise come your way. While being away from home has had it's challenges this year, it has also yielded incredible blessings and memories that I wouldn't trade for the world.
Happy Birthday :)
ReplyDelete