2.24.2011

Spring...?

The last two days have been a complete change from the weather of Monday. Right now it is probably colder inside than outside, and I can tell the weather is changing because right now there are a bunch of kids in the alley below playing and making all kinds of noise. :) I'm getting ready to leave my winter coat behind and some people were even out in short sleeves today, although it was still a bit cold for that in my opinion. I hope the weather holds through the weekend, because on Saturday I'm taking a trip with the university to the north along the Sea of Galilee, to a town that is mentioned in Luke 8. So, hopefully I will put pictures up early next week of that trip.
In other news, this month has done great things for my Arabic understanding, if not my confidence to speak. I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but overcoming the fear of making mistakes is sometimes the hardest hurdle to jump in the effort to learn another language. I'm trying my best, although I still don't string together too many words in a sentence when I'm put on the spot. Inshallah I will succeed in this though!

No comments:

Post a Comment