This is just a quick update to let you all know I'm perfectly safe and secure here, even though I'm a bit cold at the moment. :) Today is the first day without rain in the past week, which was a welcome change, although the rain brought it's own reward in the form of green grass springing up where there used to be just brown dirt/rocks/sand.
Today I went to the airport to pick up a good friend from PA who will be living here for the next six months. It was sooooo good to see her! :) And just to demonstrate how small of a world it is, the people she is renting from this first month are from Iowa! And not just Iowa, but Iowa City! :) So it was a good day.
Tomorrow we are going to go get my friend registered for classes and get a phone and things like that too. And then on Monday I have the dreaded placement test. Dreaded mostly because I'm taking it to try to skip a level and I'm worried it might not have the intended result. :(
So, inshallah I will do well on Monday and on Wednesday will start in level 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment