2.17.2011

First Full Week of Class

Today I finished up the first full week of classes, and I feel like it's been a good week, although my brain feels a bit like mush at the moment. I made Level 3 (did I already tell ya'll that?) and I think it's a good fit, although it will push me. I ended up with the director of the program as my main teacher, and my professor from my last class as the other one, which is awesome! They are both good teachers and I'm especially glad to get my professor from last semester. :) The biggest challenge is that they are using all Arabic, even to explain other words...I think some class periods can go by without any English spoken at all. It's good for me, but definitely leaves me a bit drained after 3 1/2 hours. :)

All that to say, I'm grateful for my weekend plans. My one roommate and another friend and I are getting out of the city and heading to a smaller town nearby for an overnight stay. It's apparently a nice little place and we're planning to take some board games and just to chill for a couple of days. And then it will be back to life here....and homework. :)

In other news, on Tuesday they celebrated the Prophet's birthday here, which meant a day off of school for everyone. (I know, I know...3 days in and already a day off) :) I got to spend the day with a friend who just moved here from the States, and then we met up with another girl we know who is here on a cross-cultural trip through her university. This girl had a few friends with her and since they didn't have any money to go shopping in the balad, we brought them back to the apartment to hang out and talk for awhile. We also went up to the roof to see the view. I think they had a good time. :)

Anyway, I actually took a few pictures that day so I thought I'd share. :)



with my friend who just moved to the city; she's taking classes at the university too



with my friend who is on her cross-cultural trip


And just for fun....

I saw this in a shop window in the balad and I couldn't resist the photo op. Don't they look delicious? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment