Although yesterday was a holiday in the U.S., here it was life as usual for me. We even had an exam in class, to add to the feeling of a non-holiday. :) Apparently none of us in the class did very well on our mid-term exam, so they made us take another one. And to be perfectly honest, this one was easier. :)
Last night I did get to talk to the entire family...the first time since Tony and Kerri left for college. They are in Hesson for Thanksgiving, along with Ross (my cousin) and Kerri's friend Meredith, so it was a good end to the day, and was worth it to stay up later. :)
This evening I played Cities and Knights (a version of Settlers of Catan) with some other ex-pat women here, which was fun. It is nice to sometimes have hang out times with other single women and be able to have fun.
And now, since Thanksgiving is over, I can officially listen to Christmas music! Which is what I am doing right now. :) The Christmas and Advent season is definitely one of my favorite times of the years; from the music to the new snow to the anticipation of the season...all of it adds to the holiday atmosphere, and I love it. Even far from home, I think that this Christmas season will be special. :)
Anyway, I apologize if posts are becoming fewer and farther between...I think the new-ness is starting to wear off of my life and I'm left without much to share. :) If you have specific questions or want me to share about something specific, please leave a comment or email me and I can write a post just for you. :)
Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!!
you know, you wouldn't have to wait until after thanksgiving to have that lovely feeling of Christmas...turns out, Christmas music is just as good during the rest of the year too. :) and i am a firm believer that the "after thanksgiving" rule is bogus and ridiculous.
ReplyDelete