1.05.2011

Video of Roa'a

Over Thanksgiving I took advantage of a nice sale to purchase a video camera (a super small one) and had it sent to my home in Iowa, and so on Saturday I finally got it when I met up with a friend from Kalona who is here on business. :) So, naturally, I took it to school the next day to try it out. This video I took of Roa'a, and I had her speak in Arabic so that y'all would be able to hear how it sounds coming out of a native speaker's mouth, instead of my pitiful attempts. :)



*This is where the video was supposed to be...I tried several times and it won't upload so I'll try again later, maybe in Germany and maybe you'll eventually get to see it. :)



I'm hoping to get some video clips of the city and my apartment, and maybe I'll even attempt to piece it together, so we'll see how that goes. I just had my exam today, and now I'm done with the semester! Classes start again the 9th of February, and I will take the placement test on the 7th. My teacher thinks that if we (her students) take the placement test we'll be moved up to Level 3, instead of going into Level 2. That would nice I think, because we basically finished the Level 2 book this semester.

Anyway, in less than 2 weeks I'll be in Berlin, getting to see little Mira Miller. :) In the meantime I might get to see my Kalona friends again, and also I'll probably help out a bit at the Language Center where my roommate works. They are starting a new term and need some people to help direct students to their rooms and such. So hopefully I will be able to keep myself busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment