Hi Everyone!
I guess the title of this post isn't exactly true...I do have things I would like to share my thoughts about, but since I'm not usually that open about certain issues on this blog, I won't go into them here. It just seems like there are things on my heart that I'm thinking about, that are making me sad, and that are causing me to ponder a lot of things. (That was cryptic wasn't it?) If you want to hear more about these things, drop me an email and I'll send you a book in response. :)
Anyway, please don't think I'm depressed or anything like that...I'm just a bit introspective at the moment. It might not help that I have been a homebody the last few days, which is giving me lots of time to think. :)
Last night I went to the building next door to babysit a couple of kids to give their parents a chance to get out for a bit. I had fun hanging out with kids again and they were really easy to be with. The little girl who is almost four had trouble falling asleep by herself, so I held her until she dropped off and I loved it. :) I hadn't realized until just a couple of weeks ago that I have hardly spent time with kids at all since I've been here and I missed it. I miss having cousins around, and Gehman's kids on Saturdays, and all the little kids at church every Sunday. It's funny the things you take for granted until you don't have them anymore. :)
So, that is probably the exciting event of the week, besides the preparations for Germany. Oh, and I might possibly be connecting with a friend who is coming through with her study abroad program on Saturday. If I don't see her Saturday I'm sure I'll see her later in the semester, but it would be fun to see a friend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment