Today I went out with another friend from the building to Mecca Mall. This mall is at least 4 stories (maybe more) and has about anything you could want, including a grocery store and Ace Hardware. :) I got some groceries (I want to make cookies sometime this week) and also some measuring utensils so that I can actually get the correct portions into the cookies. :)
It was super hot today and then late afternoon the wind picked up, slamming doors in the apartment, and blew in a dust storm. This one didn't last very long, and I managed to get the apartment closed up tight before it got too dusty, so that is one thing to be grateful for.
Anyway, I'm on a countdown now 'til Friday when I leave for Turkey! I'm going to meet up with some friends who are also living in various places in the region. I have to leave super early on Friday morning, but it will be worth it to spend some time with these friends. I'm going to be gone from Friday morning 'til Wednesday night, so hopefully my Arabic studies won't suffer too badly while I'm gone. I'm planning on taking along my book and working on the lessons while I'm in Turkey...maybe. :)
Another exciting thing I am anticipating is an early morning (for me) skype conversation with family. My parents, Reggie, my aunt Brenda and my Grandma all traveled out to Indiana to cheer on Ross and Andrew in soccer. Also on the itinerary was a stop in Ohio to visit Jeryl's and to watch Tanner and Lauren run cross-country. Anyway, I'll get to hopefully talk with all the people in Indiana and hopefully that will help the jealousy I feel at missing out on such a fun time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment