Tonight I had my first official shwerma here. What is shwerma, you may ask? Well, shwerma is delicious, that's what. :) Shwerma is a wrap-type of sandwich, similar to a gyro. They put the meat (lamb, beef or chicken) on a huge upright spit and as it turns the meat is cooked. Then they shave the meat off so that it is in smaller pieces and wrap it with tomatoes and onions and other various condiments into a thin wrap and it's ready to go. :) And the best part, it is super cheap. As in, half a dinar kind of cheap. (1 dinar = 1.30 dollars) Even better than the dollar menu at McDonald's and much tastier. I was going to take a picture, but when I remembered I was already halfway into it, and my hands were a bit messy, so no picture of this first taste. However, I do have a picture from Turkey of basically the same thing, although it's called by a different name there.

As you can see, there are two spits with two different kinds of meat. I wouldn't be able to tell you what the meats are though. :)
Anyway, maybe next time I get shwerma I'll take a picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment