The past couple of weeks I've made a couple of Arab friends that are also attending the University. The first one is named Roa'a. She's studying law and most days I find her outside the language center when I come out after classes. I've had some great conversations with her. :)
The second friend is named Haneen. I randomly sat next to her on the bus on the way home one day, and now I've seen her a few times, and one day soon I'll hopefully be able to visit her home and meet her family.
Yesterday Haneen took me to the balad to show me some of her favorite places. As we were walking from where we got off the bus I took a few pictures of the jabel where I live. :)
This is from the bottom of the hill
And I even picked out my apartment building from the bottom :) It's the one with the corner balcony.
Haneen took me me to the Roman amphitheater, but we didn't go in since there was an admissions charge.
I took a picture with Haneen before we went our separate ways then. In the background you can see the servees, or shared taxis. These taxis run on specific routes, but they are the least expensive kind of transportation.
Today I took a picture with Roa'a. She's quite opinionated, but very fun to talk with.

No comments:
Post a Comment